Sensor Help

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Elecmanic, Jul 6, 2010.

  1. Elecmanic

    Thread Starter New Member

    May 12, 2010

    I am working on a project and i had to blast up an HP printer for some components.
    I needed a light type of sensor which it actually reads every time it is crossed.
    It seems that is used to read revolutions, a spot is made at a certain point and when it is crossed in the sensor it counts as a revolution.

    I found this sensor in the printer but my problem is that i cannot find the part number or datasheet on how to connect it to use in my project.

    All i need is to know how to connect it so a datasheet or maybe someone knows how to connect it is enough.

    Here with this message there are to pictures of this sensor available. It has 4 pins going out of the sensor.
    Please con someone help me figure them out

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Mickster

    Active Member

    Jan 10, 2010
  3. BMorse

    AAC Fanatic!

    Sep 26, 2009
    it is more like a sine/cosine encoder....

    WikiAnswers says:
    Usually these would have four leads coming from them, 2 are for power, the other 2 are outputs from the encoder sensors....
    Sine_Cosine Encoder.jpg

    B. Morse