Sensor Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

bconnaghan

Joined May 9, 2012
I have a hobby project I am about to start and need some general guidance since this my first attempt in embedded systems.

I am planning on having an array of 80 sensors that will be outputting signals in the 0-15 millivolt range.

I want to use these sensors to determine the location of an event. When this event happens there will be a very brief voltage spike on a few of the sensors. I need my system to determine which of the signals has the highest amplitude and to output a digital identifier of that sensor. I will then record this information (which sensor was closest to the event). I do not need to record any information about the signals themselves, I only need to know which sensor output the strongest signal.

Since I am such a beginner I was hoping someone could simply point me in the right direction of the general architecture of this system so I can know what I need to start reading about. Right now I am a little lost since I don't know how to go about accomplishing this and there is an abundance of information to read through. Any guidance, no matter how general, is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.