Senior project

TheBlindMan

Joined Aug 1, 2011
I am a senior in high school and majoring in electronics, for my senior project I am building an array of LEDs that will be mounted inside the shells of my drum set, and light up that head when triggered, the main focus of my project is using piezo electricity to do it. I purchased ten Piezo elements and a bunch of LEDs online, the voltage output of one element is approximately 1.2vdc, this is enough to flash up to about 5 or 6 of the LEDs I have, but not to their potential, they're not too bright when lit that way, I was wondering if I could integrate a circuit that will amplify the voltage of the piezo elements and make the LEDs flash with much more intensity. if anyone has any ideas or schematics it would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I am a senior in high school and majoring in electronics, for my senior project I am building an array of LEDs that will be mounted inside the shells of my drum set, and light up that head when triggered, the main focus of my project is using piezo electricity to do it. I purchased ten Piezo elements and a bunch of LEDs online, the voltage output of one element is approximately 1.2vdc, this is enough to flash up to about 5 or 6 of the LEDs I have, but not to their potential, they're not too bright when lit that way, I was wondering if I could integrate a circuit that will amplify the voltage of the piezo elements and make the LEDs flash with much more intensity. if anyone has any ideas or schematics it would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
To get good suggestions, you will need to post the specifications (datsheets, if possible) of the piezo elements, the LED's, and the power source you plan to use.