Sending data through ethernet

KansaiRobot

Joined Jan 15, 2010
Hello everybody.

I doubt if to put this here or on the microcontroller forum but since it has to do with ethernet, I would appreciate the help. Please allow me to put the problem first in very general terms.

I dont have experience with ethernet or networking other than the normal user one.

Now I have a microprocessor that has some data (image) and that also have ethernet capability. I suppose I am going to connect this to either another microprocessor or a PC.

My question is how do this data can be transmitted to the other side? I suppose the microprocessor will have to be set with an IP address but after that how the data is going to go and return to/from the other side automatically?

Is there a simple tutorial or better yet a simple application example that bears some resemblance to what I am trying to explain?

Apologies for the generality but I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter

Thanks

Kansai

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Something like the wiznet or ENC----( from microchip) would alleviate the Ethernet responsibility for the microcontroller. They interface to the microcontroller through SPI.

Lack of links means my computer is still dead... :(