Semiconductor Replacement Guides ?

Chris Wright

Joined Jul 26, 2006
Who makes a Semiconductor Replacement Guide any more? My 1980 Archer book is getting a little long in the tooth and RadioShack quit making them.

Chris Wright

Joined Jul 26, 2006
Thanks for all of the great replies, but I think I misspoke and am asking the wrong question.

The above references all seem to assume you have the offending part in hand or at least in mind, which makes sense if you are repairing a circuit, but doesn't do any good if you are a hobbyist trying to create a circuit.

I have an old 1980 Archer (RadioShack) Semiconductor Replacement Guide that has a number cross ref. like the above guides, but the thing I use most is the front half of the book which has a listing of a 100 generic devices, the RS Cat. No.'s and their data sheets, usually with an example circuit or two and an explanation of their pin outs.

Now, I figure that in the last 26 years since 1980 there may have been maybe one or two advances in electronics and I was looking for a similar up to date reference to learn about all the new gadgets to play with. Does anyone know of a source like this that can be used to learn about devices? Do any of the above suggested guides have sections like this?