For Sale Selling off eBay inventory

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by takao21203, Mar 3, 2017.

1. takao21203

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I want to go abroad basically conditions here in Ireland are not right and cost of living is way too high.

Right now I'm considering a few options depends on available funds

I may resume selling later this year.

Most listings have been edited for deep discounts and I will consider any reasonable offer besides offensive lowballs.

Like for instance close to own buying price .

If you can help out please. I can't keep doing this basically working just to cover expenses.

2. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    What are you selling? o_O

Links? ;)

spinnaker likes this.
  3. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
  4. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    Yes thanks common electric parts and some vintage IC and radio parts some difficult to find parts

Now all on discount and considering any reasonable offers

Average rent here for appartment is 1600 euro by now

5. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    I have made some new listings.
    Some parts never even went on sale.

Latest surprise, NE555 DIY kits from China arriving but the adjustable resistors missing.
    I tried small potentiometers and bending the pins 90 degree as well bending the lugs on the sides they fit!

In fact I have seen this quite a lot recently small parts missing from DIY kits even defective LEDs.
    Reflow soldering not without Defects too, I had to replace some lithium charges and have observed some small parts coming off the boards very easily.

Lowest price does actually mean there will be duds.

I dont check these kits before mailing out and dont check the small boards but I have always sent replacements without questions.

Maybe i should take a more close look each DIY kit before shipping,

I dont plan to stop selling just to sell off some inventory and to move off Ireland. Id have to sell for USD3000 ((without tax) just to rent a proper place not to speak an office or hot desk, if I include the warehouse rent and a small office Id have to sell parts for USD 5000 a month just to cover rental costs and pay taxes on this too and this is just far too much.

Basically I have been working for almost 3 years without seeing any real profit just inventory building up.

Some things will be on sale even with loss.

I have lowered price for joule thief parts kits to 3.98 from 5.98 and these contain a good mix of parts approx 100 grams including many brand new parts such as transistors and basically I have dropped in a lot of parts into the box which cost too much time to sort back.

If you look this new NE555 Diy kit Im not exactly selling crap. These small pots took me months to find for good price bascially Ive seen them inside 1980s Mitisubishi VCR used as tracking adjustment pots.

Chinese are good at copying off but they lack creativity so the joule thief part kits contain more parts than on photo and the solar garden light kits also are better than described. Ive sold 100s of these and plan to make small PCBs for them too.

Sadly I have not been able to work properly for almost two years so I have small PCBs around since November for TRIAC dimmer and battery monitor and have not yet found patience to put together these with parts and build some for testing and put up for selling.

Right now Im tidying up the warehouse at some stage storage towers with plastic boxes collapsed since I missed to tape them together.
    Ive made good progress in the past few days.

6. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    This is a cost of doing business with many Chinese manufacturers. They do whatever it takes to get your business, then they'll gradually cut back on quality in ways that aren't usually apparent to their Customers. That increases their profits.

7. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    I received a batch of 2732A EPROMs nice and shiny appearance besides suspiciously large die.
    Except one all have bit errors.

If these are forgeries the quality is very high.

I was lucky these didnt make their way to customers.

8. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    A more likely explanation is that they're rejected/discarded old parts and someone cleaned them up and sold them as new or refurbished.

What manufacturer are they supposedly from? What are the date codes? Do the logos and/or part numbers conform to what that manufacturer is known to use (e.g. fonts, color)?

If you post pictures of markings or die, I have a number of EPROMs from various manufacturers I can compare to. I bought a number of EPROMs from a recycler who would pull them from boards that they were scrapping. I also have parts that I acquired from reputable sources 30-40 years ago.

9. Brigitte Koch

Mar 13, 2017
    Thanks a lot, I will take a look at what you offer :)

10. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    @takao21203
    Are these genuine parts or clones ??
    If you already mentioned Sorry I am on the road.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  11. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    Clones of what? If theres a brand mentioned the items are genuine.
    If theres no brand info then the item is "white goods" and might be branded or not or some unknown brand.

Id like to point out there is no manufacturer these day producing small parts for DIY hobby private use etc.,
    including zoned marketing radio aderts product box and safety instructions.

Distributors only sell full bags or boxes mostly many small ICs and transistors these days are STM or Fairchild

I have lowcost brands such as AISHI capacitors, and some PANASONIC parts as well old stock ERO capacitors

Never heard of anyone wanting to "clone" them.

Maybe you mean like a Intel Pentium clone? Then the desscription would be AMD if it is AMD.

Or do you mean blatantly fake parts? I think almost all are perfectly working.

12. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    They look perfectly legitimate and a nice shiny appearance only suspicious thing is the very large die.
    I will see if I find time to take picture also wanted to try erase run.

Maybe my programmer is just bad on these or they havent been blanked in the factory...

13. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    so after a month I dont see many additional sales, but there are a few.

The big international vacation is not going to happen as it looks I can be lucky if I can make it to the UK.

Currently Im living without electricity in the evenings and Im thinking of 14 years here in Ireland and how it feels to break up here. But im feeling forced to pressure from all sides I wasnt able to win any government supports for my startup (such as conditions must not be retail must be specific irish and must employ people from the start). Havent even tried my bank. Cost of living here is far too high.

I wish I had investment funds available but why would you choose invest a hostile climate very high costs few such business? For being here 14 years already and for a bit Nostalgia?

There are always mixed feelings when you break up so this is about 3 weeks later, stopped reordering from China and Hong Kong about 3 weeks ago.

I hoped for real flash sales suddenly 8000 dollars in one month! I could go Tokyo again for vacation but as it looks im not going to stay expensive hotel already preparing how it would be? Summertime is maybe good but I can not think of surviving outdoors japanese winter its freezing cold??

Like this japanese soldier from WW2 did hiding more than 20 years and surviving...nowadays theres internet electricity /wireless payments and so on, would be a bit weird but if you cover it up just a little nobody knows you are a Nomad.

So here is Apple tea I cooked using my new butane cooker! Now my laptop battery will be gone soon I was thinking to buy a small generator costs me nearly 200 Euro and money is tight.

14. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    AFAIK, every EPROM manufacturer has to test 100% of their EPROMs by programming them to screen for any defective bits.