Selecting parameters and component values for delay circuits

taiwoet@yahoo.com

Joined Jul 11, 2011
.wysiwyg { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } In designing the delay system, a variable capacitor and variable resistor were alternately adjusted until a 5-second and 3-second required for supply changeover and generator starting system is achieved while one was kept constant in turn. These times correspond to the time contant of each circuit concerned. This is the principle used for selection of the two basic components constituting the delay circuits used for my project.
My supervisor now ask me this question'' You are yet to tell me how you arrived at these parameter values i.e 470μf and 10.5k'' my response that the values are derived experimentally does not solve the problem.
''Can somebody please help me out?.''

taiwoet@yahoo.com

Joined Jul 11, 2011
Can l further experiment with Wheatstone Bridge and subsequently follow up the calculation procedures?, may be that will answer his questions.
Thanks for the response.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Can l further experiment with Wheatstone Bridge and subsequently follow up the calculation procedures?, may be that will answer his questions.
Thanks for the response.
Your circuit cannot be seen. Try to post your circuit by another method.

Unless we can see your circuit, we cannot help you.