Seeking Gould Nicolet 2090 Oscilloscope Service Manual

Questor

Joined Jan 19, 2009
I just brought my Gould Nicolet 2090 Oscilloscope out of storage and realized that I need to tune this unit. However, I do not have the users manual or the service manual for this scope.

Where can I get a Gould Nicolet 2090 Oscilloscope Service Manual in PDF format? Most of the online sites want to charge an arm and a leg... Do you have a Nicolet 2090 Service Manual that you could send to me?

Thanks, Steve
Cincinnati
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

alain63720

Joined Aug 22, 2008
Hello,
did you have an answer. I am looking for it as well and for the schematics because mine has a problem: there are unwanted traces between the sample dots
Thank you
Alain

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Traces between samples are not unusual. If it's a digital scope, there might be an option to turn it off.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Yes but thoses traces are 2 cm long at 45° angle
Alain
Can you post a picture so I can see what you mean?

It would seem like a component failure. It may be repairable, but it will be difficult, nigh impossible, without the service manual.

alain63720

Joined Aug 22, 2008
Thank for your reply, Iwill do a picture.
I think about either component failure or may be bad contact...somewher.
Alain

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
It looks like either a focus amplifier issue or a power supply issue.

How old is the scope? Replacing electrolytic capacitors is often a solution.

Careful though. Scope power supplies can have high voltage rails, as much as 1kV.

alain63720

Joined Aug 22, 2008
I will look at both suggestions and..
The scope is quite old early 80
I will look at power supply as well
Alain

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I will look at both suggestions and..
The scope is quite old early 80
I will look at power supply as well
Alain
Early 80's, the caps are probably starting to dry out. Replacing them may not fix the current problem but may prevent future problems.

Hello,
any chance to find out schematics, maintenance manual on the net?
thank anyway for your replies
alain

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Why don't you call/write the company and complain about the way people are profiting by copying and selling their copyrighted info?

Chances are if you get a hold of the right person at the company they'll send you .pdf files.

floople

Joined Jul 17, 2012
I just brought my Gould Nicolet 2090 Oscilloscope out of storage and realized that I need to tune this unit. However, I do not have the users manual or the service manual for this scope.

Where can I get a Gould Nicolet 2090 Oscilloscope Service Manual in PDF format? Most of the online sites want to charge an arm and a leg... Do you have a Nicolet 2090 Service Manual that you could send to me?

Thanks, Steve
Cincinnati
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hey Steve, Any luck finding the operating and Service Manuals? I have the same Nicolet 2090 :) Thanks. Dan

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Check out :
manualmuseum.com

the link in your #7 is coming up "sorry that page was not found............."

Looking below......I think the Packrat had better pay more attention :rolleyes:

Last edited: