Seeking 1.27mm to 2.5mm 10-pin IDC adatper

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Can anyone suggest an adapter or cable that will allow me to plug a 10 pin 2.5mm IDC cable into a 10 pin 1.27mm IDC plug, as shown below?

The ultimate goal is to plug this cable into this Segger programmer. Tag Connect makes this direct adapter but it's $40, which is crazy for that simple little PCB, so I'm looking for a cheaper way. I found this adapter which is perfect, except that the pin pitch of the plug is wrong, so I just need an adapter to change the pin pitch.

upload_2019-9-27_15-41-37.png

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
At the moment it's for a home project, not a big budget. Though maybe I can make some money making the adapter if one doesn't already exist. :)

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Don't forget that you will need 1.27 ribbon cable too. (also available at MikroE shop)

I do not see the sense in 3 ribbons and 2 adaptors, when 2 ribbons and one adaptor (the one I referenced) would do. (or maybe I am wrong and it would not do the same job)

Am I missing something? I guess that tracing signals carefully is the only way to be absolutely sure of success, maybe I am making bad assumptions in thinking that all 20 way to 10 way converter boards are the same. Maybe that is why you want to do it your way?

...... but whatever makes you happy .....

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Just spotted that the mikroE descriptions do not match the pictures.

I also see that no schematics are provided, which is unusual. MikroE usually provide schematics with their products.

You might need careful consideration (or just take a chance).

I am starting to doubt myself now :(

I will see what adaptors I own and see if I can work anything out.

Maybe your plan is the safer bet, even if a little messy. (Also saves me from any guilt if it turns out I gave bad advice)

EDIT: ST-LINK V2 adaptor circuit diagram can be found in mikroProg STM 32 programmer manual downloadable from here:

Last edited:

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Hopefully you spotted the edit in previous post for link to schematic

If the wiring happens to suit, then that adaptor plugs straight into your programmer and the pogo cable plugs straight into that.

That adaptor is for mikroprog though and is for 10 way to 20 way, not the other way around.

Hopefully the schematic will make everything clear.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Can anyone suggest an adapter or cable that will allow me to plug a 10 pin 2.5mm IDC cable into a 10 pin 1.27mm IDC plug, as shown below?

The ultimate goal is to plug this cable into this Segger programmer. Tag Connect makes this direct adapter but it's $40, which is crazy for that simple little PCB, so I'm looking for a cheaper way. I found this adapter which is perfect, except that the pin pitch of the plug is wrong, so I just need an adapter to change the pin pitch.

View attachment 186992
If you have the 1.27 and 2.54 IDC female crimp connectors, send them to me (PM me) and I can make the cable. I have the crimpers and the correct flat cable, but with a red-strip on strand #1.