Seeburg Jukebox Help - Plays random records

Dalaran

Joined Dec 3, 2009
My father recently moved his jukebox from one house to another and now it seems to be having a strange problem. The jukebox is a Seeburg 201 from the mid 1950's I believe.

The problem is that after a selection is played it will continue to scan and pick up and play a number of other records that were not selected. The unit first scans the selections on the top from right to left and then on the bottom from right to left. It only has trouble as it passes the selections on the top and only on the right hand side. For instance, if track A1 is selected it will pick it up and play it correctly, put it back and then continue scanning as would normally. However once it reaches the right side it will pick up and play say L7. After this it will put it away and pick up the next record or one two away from it. After playing that it will continue picking un-selected records until it is done scanning the top set of selections. Then it will go through scanning the bottom with no problems and stop again at the beginning.

As said all the mis-selected tracks are on the top right hand side and the ones it picks seem to be random. It seems every record is played one time or another but none are mis-selected 100% of the time. First thing that comes to mind is a dirty switch or something, but I personally don't know enough to search for which one. We have a book of schematics but I really don't know where to start.

Any and all help would be apprecaited!

Thanks,
Steven

Dalaran

Joined Dec 3, 2009
Thanks for the posts and YUP that's the machine.

We do have the 201 service manual it is just that I have no idea where to begin with this problem! There is a troubleshooting section, however it only has a couple of different issues and this is not one of them.

Any help is appreciated!