Second part of my project

moosa

Joined Mar 1, 2006
salamo alaykum

hi for you all

I have a very large project this semester. I need your help guys and gurls

The second part is to make an interface between a receiver and a computer. I don't know how can i make this interface. I have been told that the only way to make this interface is to learn Visual Basic !!!! in order to read the data from the ports.

plz, anyone can help me regarding this part. I need solutions,suggestion or simply related links

Than X Alot.

This is my first day and first thread. If i get something, i will continue with you. if not :(

thanx again

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

If you're designing the interface, then there is no need to use VB. Any language that has a PEEK and POKE function will let you access an I/O port directly. There are several variants of BASIC, plus any assembler will do the trick.

Frankly, the interface will be harder than taking in the data.

moosa

Joined Mar 1, 2006
ok

I know C language but i didn't study anything related to the interface.

i dunno which is better

to study the interface with C language

or to study Visual Basic for this interface issue

I am lost :(

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Think of the interface as a hardware construct that makes some part of the analog world into numbers for the computer. The computer is a numeric engine, after all. If you can take in those numbers from the interface, the rest is easy.

The bad news is that C and VB tend not to deal with interfaces very well. A teeny bit of in-line assenbler will do the trick very easily. All you have to do is load the numbers from the I/O address and place them in a location that your C or VB (gag) program can find.