Searching for the right capacitors to replace on a particular PC mainboard (Asus X99-deluxe rev. 1.03)

goldsteal

Joined May 13, 2021
Hello,
my mainboard died on me and one capacitor seems to be not ok. Maybe the damage is actually before said capacitor but since this is the only thing on the board I *might* be able to *try* to replace I will start there.

Sadly I was not to lucky in figuring out what replacement to buy and where I can do this affordably. Maybe in this space people know more and can give me some direction. I am searching for a replacement for the cap dubbed
FP10K
53Hz
271 (?)
IMG_20210427_204043.jpg

Hope someone can help.

Greetings out of lockdown

goldsteal

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there welcome to AAC! :) Panasonic EEE-FP10K Series family of Surface Mount Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors as Halogen Free, High Temp. Reflow, environmentally friendly RoHS compliant.271=270μF. The 1 dictates how many zeros so it's 1 zero it's a Panasonic code for automated component pick and place machines. If it was 272 you guessed it 2700μF and physically a much larger size. & The 16 is 16Volts. Digikey, Mauser, Newark element 14 you can find them in stock. Dinner's on the table and I gotta to get to it! Good luck to you sir.

goldsteal

Joined May 13, 2021
Hello good sir,

thank you very much. This was the most concise explanation I could find on the internet – meaning I couldn't find anything else really. I am sure it's explained somewhere in a book or course but since I am relatively new to electronics maybe I just didn't know where to look. Finally I understand the meaning of the markings.

I shall now go and find my replacement :)

Greetings

goldsteal