Searching for Logic Level Mosfets using parametric search?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
How would I use a parametric search like the one from Mouser to do a search for logic level mosfets?

Note to admins: Perhaps this can be moved to the Embedded forum and made a sticky once there is an answer?

And fix the spelling in the title (Searching) please? :)

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
How would I use a parametric search like the one from Mouser to do a search for logic level mosfets?

Note to admins: Perhaps this can be moved to the Embedded forum and made a sticky once there is an answer?

And fix the spelling in the title (Searching) please? :)
You might want to test your link. It does not go to Mouser.

Here's how I would do it: Go to Mouser.com and
1. Type "logic level" in the search window.
2. Select "discrete semiconductors"
3. Select "MOSFET"
4. All the parts in the parametric table are logic level MOSFETs.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You might want to test your link. It does not go to Mouser.

Here's how I would do it: Go to Mouser.com and
1. Type "logic level" in the search window.
2. Select "discrete semiconductors"
3. Select "MOSFET"
4. All the parts in the parametric table are logic level MOSFETs.
Thanks link fixed. Working with too many links. :)

I understand logic level is just a marketing tool. It would be nice to know what parameters to select without the use of "logic level".

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Thanks link fixed. Working with too many links. :)

I understand logic level is just a marketing tool. It would be nice to know what parameters to select without the use of "logic level".
What do you mean, "marketing tool"? The search I specified (should) narrow the search down to devices whose Rds(on) is specified for Vgs<=5V. Unfortunately, Mouser does not specify Vgs for the Rds spec. I don't see that there is any other way to find logic level devices on the Mouser site.
Maybe someone else does.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What do you mean, "marketing tool"?
Basically it is really the specs on the mosfet that makes it a logic level like the one you specified.

OK so the way I understand it is that you want a low RDS(on) for low power dissipation?

I need to switch <1 amp at 12Volts. Since this the project is powered from a battery I want the circuit to be as efficient as reasonably possible.

Is this a good choice?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMvsEea7gdidXoi8LyX0IJAmNhy8rLTLpbc=

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
"Logic Level" means that the lowest ON resistance for the MOSFET, when used as a switch, can be achieved with logic level (typically 5V and sometimes 3.3V) Vgs. It does not necessarily mean it has the lowest ON resistance. Standard MOSFETs (which typically require 10V Vgs for minimum ON resistance) can also have a low ON resistance.

The main reason to buy a Logic Level device is if you don't have 10V to turn it on.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Basically it is really the specs on the mosfet that makes it a logic level like the one you specified.

OK so the way I understand it is that you want a low RDS(on) for low power dissipation?

I need to switch <1 amp at 12Volts. Since this the project is powered from a battery I want the circuit to be as efficient as reasonably possible.

Is this a good choice?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMvsEea7gdidXoi8LyX0IJAmNhy8rLTLpbc=
You could use a 20V MOSFET specified for 2 Amps. A 12V battery might have considerable internal resistance already, so 0.5 Ohms (at less than 1 Amp) don't really count.

If you want to buy 100pcs for $50 or 200pcs for $100, yes good choice.