"Scope plugs"

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by ErnieM, Mar 5, 2014.

  1. ErnieM

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 24, 2011
    I'm looking for two types of "scope plugs," or adaptors where you insert the pointy end of a probe so it is held in place allowing "hands free" measurements.

    The first is an adapter insert for a BNC connector: you insert the adapter into the BNC which can accept and hold the scope tip. I've only seen these accompanying new probes.

    The next kind accomplished the same as the first by replacing the BNC and adapter with a connector made to accept the probe tip.

    A shout out with names, part numbers, and or sources is appreciated.
  2. RichardO

    Well-Known Member

    May 4, 2013
    I think we need to know what brand and model of probe you already have.
  3. w2aew

    Active Member

    Jan 3, 2012
    Maybe you're looking for something like this? One end slips into a BNC female connector, and the other end accepts a 3.5mm diameter scope probe tip.

    Or, if you want something that will work on your PCB board, you can very easily make one, like this:
    Metalmann likes this.
  4. ErnieM

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 24, 2011
    Bingo, those are the BNC Adapters I was looking for.

    The "make it" adapter is interesting, can't get a better connection out of a scope probe then that. Someone does make a bulkhead adapter that is pretty close to this.

    Thanks for the link.