Schumacher SE-1555A Battery Charger Circuit Board Troubleshoot

wozDaddy

Joined Feb 26, 2015
Problem: After turning on, in any mode, charger starts (display working) then after a few seconds shuts down.
Cause: Tying to charge a 6v car battery with this 12v charger.
Notes: Circuit boards not available any longer

I have removed the 2 circuit boards (pictures attached) and see no visible evidence of burning or overheating.
They appear to be relatively simple, but which component might be the problem ?
Can someone help pointing to the right direction.
1.jpg2a.jpg 2b.jpg
Thank you.

Problem: After turning on, in any mode, charger starts (display working) then after a few seconds shuts down.
Cause: Tying to charge a 6v car battery with this 12v charger.
Notes: Circuit boards not available any longer

I have removed the 2 circuit boards (pictures attached) and see no visible evidence of burning or overheating.
They appear to be relatively simple, but which component might be the problem ?
Can someone help pointing to the right direction.
View attachment 185997View attachment 185998 View attachment 185999
Thank you.
I had the same problem and the solution was a piece of cake take a look to the SCR board there is a diode (D 110) it was partially open my 15 volts regulator was fine but there are three diodes in series D105 and D111 but D110 was open good luck.

I had the same problem and the solution was a piece of cake take a look to the SCR board there is a diode (D 110) it was partially open my 15 volts regulator was fine but there are three diodes in series D105 and D111 but D110 was open good luck.
By the way there was nothing wrong with the panel board

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
'4001 is 50V, '4002 is 100V and so on up to '4007 which is 1000V but they are otherwise the same so any one from that range will do the job.

kheston

Joined Jan 2, 2009
I have the same charger, different problem @wozDaddy. Mine has a completely dark display. Nothing looks burned, D110 appears fine.

I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Rugerfan

Joined Feb 7, 2022
I just repaired my unit. Found one bad leaking diode but replaced the pair with 1N4007's. I burned off the PCB traces so had to solder the leads to each other once I determined their function. Needed to use the photo from this site to see the missing traces. With no schematic it came in handy that I graduated Top Of Class in my Navy Electronics School.. .