Schematics and Lab Projects

VincinChristmas@hotmail.com

Joined Jan 31, 2005
I am a student. In school we use schematics for our lab projects. I generally suck at reading schematics though. Does anyone have any advice on this or know any websites that will help me out. Or what can I do to become better.

Gorgon

Joined Aug 14, 2005
Originally posted by VincinChristmas@hotmail.com@Aug 28 2005, 11:25 AM
I am a student. In school we use schematics for our lab projects. I generally suck at reading schematics though. Does anyone have any advice on this or know any websites that will help me out. Or what can I do to become better.
[post=9977]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi
The very first thing to do is to get to know all the symbols normally used in schematics, and their functionallity. Why don't you start here http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/ and read through the different sections.

The different manufacturer of components have all large libraries of datasheets and application examples. Lots of schematics!!

If you have specific question, ask them on this forum and you'll get loads of answers. But remember, the quality of the answers reflects the quality of the question asked. :)

TOK ;)

aldilekaj

Joined Aug 28, 2005
thank god i found someone i can discuss about some things. First i wanna know what is better for designing circuits?andd then wher can i find the programs you are talking about?thank you again!ALDI

Gorgon

Joined Aug 14, 2005
Originally posted by aldilekaj@Aug 29 2005, 02:12 AM
thank god i found someone i can discuss about some things. First i wanna know what is better for designing circuits?andd then wher can i find the programs you are talking about?thank you again!ALDI
[post=9989]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi Aldi,
I don't know if it was me you wrote to, but I'll give it a try. When you design electronics, the best approach is always to know what you do. So learn your components and what they do and look like in the schematics.

To do the design, you can download free layout software here: http://www.cadsoft.de/, as an example.

Good luck!

TOK ;)

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by aldilekaj@Aug 28 2005, 06:12 PM
[post=9989]Quoted post[/post]​

hi aldelikaj,

based on your query i will safely assume that when you say "designing" you are referring to drawing a circuit. aside from what "gorgon has suggested you can also try Circuit Maker & Tina. they are both user friendly.

moz

Haus76

Joined Aug 31, 2005
wel the best way to learn how to read schematics is to first calculate all of the nodes and then build the circuit on a bread board. After that just start taking measurements at the nodes on the circuit and see how well they match up with the calculated values. But, have no fear the only way to become competent is to look at a lot of schematics.......it can take a long time for some.