schematic for 120vac to 12vdc pwr supplies

AESWind

Joined May 25, 2010
I am having difficulties troubleshooting some 120vac to 12vdc pwr sups. These are industrial use components.

My issue is that I have a number of them that drop the output from 12.5 down to 6 and some change when a load is applied. I have been unable to determine which SMD is at fault as they read identically to a known-good power supply
when compared side by side and tested with either a DMM or a Huntron prober.

I know they're not really expensive and can be replaced readily enough, but if I can get the gist of how and why they work and fail I can save myself and my company some significant cash and time.

I am not trained to any depth on electrical/electronic theory, but I know my way around a DMM well enough, but, having not been able to locate a schematic or block diagram, I'm floundering a bit.

These are International Power "B" case power supplies. (http://www.internationalpower.com/cases.html#b)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you have a manual of the powersupply or datasheet?
Can you give us more details?
Perhaps some closeup photos?

Bertus

AESWind

Joined May 25, 2010
Regrettably, I have install instructions (various configs for various voltage in/out requirements) but nothing else. I have made inquiries with their tech dept; They were less than helpful, the attitude being more along the lines of if it doesn't work, put in a new one. An attitude I've discovered is prevalent with a significant number of electrical component manufacturers.

I am not sure what more in the way of info you all would like; Do advise.

I'll try to get some pics of it also.

Thanks

AESWind
Empty
Forward Site
Forward
Page Bottom
Close Tab
Page Top
Back
Back Site

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
The manufacturers give you that attitude because they are right (power supplies are cheap)... but without the part numbers it is hard to say if they are even broken