Schematic drawing

itel933

Joined Aug 26, 2010
I need these two schematics integrated onto 1 556 chip. can someone draw the schematic. Im looking to have it printed on a pcb. Does anyone have anycompanies they have worked with.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
First, define your parts. This is pretty critical. My PaintCAD templates have several mechanical layouts in the breadboards folder. A PCB layout is fundamentally a mechanical drawing.

The Eagle PCB software (there is a free ware version) allows you to draw schematics, then will draw the PCB for you. Steep learning curve though. You have to use what is its library of part (which is pretty deep), or learn how to import parts you have. Long term it is the best solution, but it will add months learning the software when you could have the project done in a week.

If you decide to hand draw it (expect howls of protests from the purists) the first drawing is practically there.

Here is an example how to use a perfboard bread board, or a hand drawn PCB layout destined for a laser printer.

itel933

Joined Aug 26, 2010
what do you mean when you say "define my parts" the schematic has all of the values that are needed. Is there something else that is needed? Not sure what you mean. this is what I drew and needless to say it is a mess!!!! Thanks for all of your help

First, define your parts. This is pretty critical. My PaintCAD templates have several mechanical layouts in the breadboards folder. A PCB layout is fundamentally a mechanical drawing.

The Eagle PCB software (there is a free ware version) allows you to draw schematics, then will draw the PCB for you. Steep learning curve though. You have to use what is its library of part (which is pretty deep), or learn how to import parts you have. Long term it is the best solution, but it will add months learning the software when you could have the project done in a week.

If you decide to hand draw it (expect howls of protests from the purists) the first drawing is practically there.

Here is an example how to use a perfboard bread board, or a hand drawn PCB layout destined for a laser printer.

Attachments

ke5nnt

Joined Mar 1, 2009
What he means is, even though the parts are defined (we know that you're using resistors and a capacitor, etc) there are many variations of each of these. When it comes to PCB design, a part's "footprint" is essential to the design. As a very general example, if a PCB is designed for through-hole parts and it turns out all of your parts are surface mount, the design wont work.

Take your 220μf capacitor for example. Look at these different parts and notice how different the "footprint" is. They all fit on a PCB differently. They are all 220μf, and you didn't specify what voltage you need for that capacitor either. Since your supply is 9V battery, I assume you would use ~25V cap, but you never know unless you define.

etc...