Samsung LCD

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009

See the picture...

I have to go through a lot to take the closeup. Believe me it ain't easy.

I got two of these PCB's. Now I know the problem is in the standby. Tracing lead me to the little bugger shown. I just can't seem to get any value from it.
In circuit or out of the circuit.

So I am asking, what do you think the value is looking at the code. The Picture is exactly the way I see via the magnifying glass.

Do not assume I dunno how to read it, it's not that.
Tell u later, first I like you guys to brain storm on the correct value of it.

As for the service manual, it does not have the necessary diagram.
but if you think you can do better, the model is LA37B530P7R.
My manual does not show what I need to see.

Your thought is appreciated.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Why is that complicated?

Surely you could solder a standard resistor across there. Just bend the leads into the shape of a C.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
acording to my data iv got here that is a 10k smd resistor-but they are sometimes marked 103.....depends how the manufacturers want to mark them.just a thought is it stuck in standby?maybe you need to reprogram the nvm

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Thanks bertus.....

I know how to read the code, the multiplier method.

The code Sgt gave me was completely new to me. I was out of date.
It hit me big time. Never thought it was a "01C"....I assumed it was a 10 ohm and was having that in my mind when I checked the rest and found all the SMD R's marked like that giving me high readings and I thought it should be 10.
But I know that there is no chance in all of em going bad when they are in separate areas of the circuit.

All the 01C resistors I thought was good except the first actual one which was open.

I hesitated to solder a 10 ohm one due to the fact that it is a low resistance connecting power to a transistor, base or collector or not, such a low value should never be used in that area of the circuit. This atleast I knew from the experience i got all these years.
Finding that R open, and not having a schematic had me going through a hoola hoop for the past few days....
My sis sold her expensive camera which I use to take close ups, so I cannot post a picture then. The picture I posted was from a camera that came in for repair. I got to really test it with the close up shot to show u guys the resistor that had me stumped.

Thanks for Sgt again for his wisdom to teach me something new. I never thought the coding has changed.

It pays to be a member of AAC, u know, a heart felt gratitude goes to those who keeps this forum alive and to those special guys ( members ) that devotes their time to teach individuals like us who are really lost to the world.

Merry Christmas to all of you, the Senior & the "Expert" members of AAC.
Have a great holiday.

Last edited:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Why would the 10k fail? These Samsung LCDs have a 13V rail, maximum - that's <16.9mW which is fine for that resistor.

I assume you've checked power is coming from the PSU; have you also checked for a bad LDO?