Samsung Galaxy S5 - No SIM Card Detected / No Audio (Earphone Mode)

Aleksandr Gonzales

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Good day! I need some help about my phone. Here is the main diagram:

This phone, I believe, suffer from Water Damage. Now, it doesn't read any SIM Card and no audio at all. Can this be fix by rehot or reinforcing the solder or unshorting the circuit?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Phones are very complex and compact systems..
Only very skilled/knowledgeable people have any chance of really fixing the problems.
Unless the damage is very identifiable there is very little that someone can do to fix it..

Time for a new phone for you..

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Agree with @mcgyvr; time for a new phone. Components are so densely packed and tiny that there's little chance of doing anything other than a simple simple mechanical repair. Even if you managed to fix the problems you observed, you have no way of knowing what else might be broken or will break.

The S5 is rated IP67. So much for being water resistant to up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes...

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You should have immediately put it in a bowl of rice or heat it with a hair dryer. It might be still worth a try. I have saved a phone or two that I found on the road using the hair dryer method. They had been in the elements for weeks.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I put my cell phone in the washing machine with a load of clothes. It was very clean when it came out, but very wet.:( After a week in the car, it woke up. Couldn't keep a signal captured for 3 minutes in a row, but I did get my phone numbers out of it.:) Then I bought a replacement phone. All better!:p