s.o.s

still learner

Joined Mar 3, 2010
:confused: i am a novice in micro - controller world,though i designed pcb s & burned 89c51/2 for different projects,but always worked as a slave b'cause everybody used me as a tool to do the petty part of the job,
but never taught the concept of a μc program,or the tools,or the process
to do it. when i asked those people to teach me,i got a big "NO",now i really want to learn from you brothers if you be kind enough to teach me
the basic concept of the μc , its inner architecture,its functioning,how can i wright a program,with which software should i start,(so far all programmes i,ve poured into 89c51 were in hex or obj files,but i , ve heard that they are created with assembly language,though nobody allowed me even to look at the screen,i really dont know how does it look!) all i have a computer (assembled by myself), a serial programmer, and other components for μc circuits.
now i want to start learning just like a baby starting to walk, is there anyone who will hold my hand?

with regards,stillearner

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi
Have you selected a microcontroller yet. The microcontroller as a unit is quite different from brand to brand. It is better that you choose one brand to start with. Then you can ask for more specific help.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You do not HAVE to use assembler to program many uCs. You can use many high level languages including 'C' and 'BASIC'. There are tons of tutorials to get you up to the point of writing the "hello, world" programs. After you get that done, this forum can help you with just about anything.

To get you started, here is a tutorial that shows you some differences between baseline and midrange microchip uCs and the difference between 'C' language and 'assembler'. It teaches you in both.

http://www.gooligum.com.au/tutorials.html

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
:confused: i am a novice in micro - controller world,though i designed pcb s & burned 89c51/2 for different projects,but always worked as a slave b'cause everybody used me as a tool to do the petty part of the job,
but never taught the concept of a μc program,or the tools,or the process
to do it. when i asked those people to teach me,i got a big "NO",now i really want to learn from you brothers if you be kind enough to teach me
the basic concept of the μc , its inner architecture,its functioning,how can i wright a program,with which software should i start,(so far all programmes i,ve poured into 89c51 were in hex or obj files,but i , ve heard that they are created with assembly language,though nobody allowed me even to look at the screen,i really dont know how does it look!) all i have a computer (assembled by myself), a serial programmer, and other components for μc circuits.
now i want to start learning just like a baby starting to walk, is there anyone who will hold my hand?

with regards,stillearner
Man ..I feel sorry for you.
Some b&*^&s are too proud to teach others.
Don't worry man, u will find plenty of help here.
All you need is time and will to learn.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008

still learner

Joined Mar 3, 2010
yes , in fact i ve decided to run with 8051 group.thanks for responding so seriously.i am really obliged.would you pl. suggest the next step?
regards. still learner.

still learner

Joined Mar 3, 2010
now i am really not feeling alone, i am really grateful to you.

(if possible tell me the first step i should take)

regards. still learner

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I started with blinking an led. It seems almost all of the tutorials have that as a first project for the PIC's. I don't know about the 8051, but it is likely they have something similar. Then play with the program to change the flashing pattern. Or use different switches on input pins to change it. John