Run on the Windows

allied

Joined Mar 11, 2007
I plan to delete all the command that I type on the RUN in my PC. ( ex. dxdiag, msconfig). What should I do to delete them all?
THANKS

Allied

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Every executable program can be invoked using the RUN command. Deleting them would make your computer useless.

Can you tell us more about why you want to pursue this course of action?

allied

Joined Mar 11, 2007
I just want to memorize all that command because everytime I type a letter all the command that i type before appear. I just want to memorize it so that i can use that in other computer:)

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Right-click on the Taskbar, select menu item Properties from the pop-up menu. Select the Start Menu tab (2nd tab) from the pop-up window. Click the Customize button on the right of the Start Menu radio button. Select the Advanced tab (2nd tab) from the pop-up window. Click the Clear List button on the bottom right (Recent Documents group panel).

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I just want to memorize all that command because everytime I type a letter all the command that i type before appear. I just want to memorize it so that i can use that in other computer:)
Is it really that important to remove the drop down? It doesn't prevent you from typing the whole command. If anything, the reappearance of the drop-down should serve to help you memorise the commands.

Copy the following commands over to Notepad, transfer it between PCs and you're good to go:

compmgmt.msc - Computer management
devmgmt.msc - Device manager
diskmgmt.msc - Disk management
dfrg.msc - Disk defrag
eventvwr.msc - Event viewer
fsmgmt.msc - Shared folders
gpedit.msc - Group policies
lusrmgr.msc - Local users and groups
perfmon.msc - Performance monitor
rsop.msc - Resultant set of policies
secpol.msc - Local security settings
services.msc - Various Services
msconfig - System Configuration Utility
regedit - Registry Editor
msinfo32 _ System Information
sysedit _ System Edit
win.ini _ windows loading information(also system.ini)
winver _ Shows current version of windows
mailto: _ Opens default email client
command _ Opens command prompt

If you are determined to get rid of the dropdowns, download ccleaner which has the ability to remove MRU lists, such as the one you are refering.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Hi n9352527
I follow your procedure... Its still no effect. Is there other way?
Thanks

Allied
Well, we are talking about the drop-down on the run dialog invoked from the Start - Run right? If so, it should work. I've been using that for a long time. It is not really helpful saying it didn't work, without elaborating more. Did you find the Clear List button or not?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Right-click on the Taskbar, select menu item Properties from the pop-up menu. Select the Start Menu tab (2nd tab) from the pop-up window. Click the Customize button on the right of the Start Menu radio button. Select the Advanced tab (2nd tab) from the pop-up window. Click the Clear List button on the bottom right (Recent Documents group panel).
I can confirm this method works.

Dave

allied

Joined Mar 11, 2007
Well, we are talking about the drop-down on the run dialog invoked from the Start - Run right? If so, it should work. I've been using that for a long time. It is not really helpful saying it didn't work, without elaborating more. Did you find the Clear List button or not?
Hi n9352527

I try it now..Its works they all gone. I really dont know if I'm not do it correctly before. THANKS........

Ps. thanks also dave for the run command...

Allied