RPM Controller Unit

ron roberts

Joined May 7, 2008
Can anyone point me in the direction of a diagram for controlling the speed of a DC electric motor?
Something that would work like the governor did on an old barn engine from the 50’s.
So this is what I’m looking to do is run a motor to 500 RPM then cut the power then when the RPM drops to about 400 RPM switch the power back on until the motor runs back up to 500 RPM and so on.

so i want to spin a mass (flywheel) up to some kind of set speed then kill the power and use kinetic energy to run a alternator. The alternator will only be connected when the motor isn’t connected. When the mass speed drops below a set speed the alternator is to be disconnected and the motor to be reconnected until the motor is back up to speed. I know this has got Bedini all over it, it’s just something I need to do, if it’s just to prove to my self it want and cannot work. So that’s my cards on the table. I will probably be using a pulse motor and a small hand made 3-phase alternator. So I will need about 4 amps max at 12v probably reed switch sensor or most likely Hall effect switch. I will get there in the end but some help would be appreciated. now I’ve told you all what its for I will understand if I don’t get any replies to this post.

i was thinking of a pulse counter
Is this something that can be achieved?