routers

waynejhez

Joined Jun 26, 2013
Hi guys! I have two different old routers a linksys wrt 54g and netgear adsl modem wireless router DG834PN. I just wanna ask if i can use the two old routers link each other wirelessly using bridge connection creating a wireless internet access?

Thank you..

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I don't think you can because their not meant to act like that. some enterprise class wifi access points can do that though. you may want to try ddwrt it is an open source router firmware that you can flash onto many routers.

waynejhez

Joined Jun 26, 2013
thank you for the reply,, i searching about dd-wrt firmware i found out, that it has a supported list of routers that can be compatible with this firmware. unfortunately my router doesn't exist on that list..:( so i gonna buy a new ones..

another question, if your going to setup a wireless bridge connection into a router, is that supposed to be the same unit and model? and how many routers i need to setup for a wireless bridge connection?

thank you..

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Before you spend any money, please explain exactly what you are trying to do - in detail.
Answers here may save you a packet.