Roof Taxi light remote switched

MeGuinness

Joined Mar 17, 2015
Hi guys ..i need your help.
i would like to make a roof taxi light wireless , it will have a small 18650 battery pack powering the leds inside the light dome....
My question is how do i enable to be switched on/off remotely? i need a transmitter that once a 12v feed is applied will transmit wirelessly to a receiver on the dome light and switch the led on ...but when the 12v feed is removed the leds need to switch off too.
Any help will be grateful.
thanx

Attachments

MeGuinness

Joined Mar 17, 2015
Every time i start my taxi meter when i start to drive with a passenger the roof light goes off.
once the journey as ended i will stop the meter and the roof light will go on. i want to archive this wirelessly.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So do you want to defeat/override the present method and go completely by remote?
You also need to get the present wiring/hook up circuit and how the light is activated at present.
Max.

MeGuinness

Joined Mar 17, 2015
yes i want no wiring between my taxi meter and the roof light. once i start the meter the 12v is cutted off and the 12v bulb inside the roof light will switch off. when i stop the meter the 12v will be ON and the roof light switch ON
so o would need a transmitter and receiver ...possibly Bluetooth? once the transmitter loose the 12v feed the receiver on the roof light should switch the light off automatically , once the transmitter get 12v again the receiver will need to switch the light on.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The unit I showed could be used, it is a simple relay contact output, it has 4 channels but you most likely will only need two at the most, but you would need to intercept the present control signals and put the small receiver somewhere, probably in the roof light may be easiest.
The transmitter is a manual pocket keyfob.
Requires a little wiring change, regardless of what method used.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Well I think unfortunately it is going to require some invasive 'surgery' into the present system, it would help if the current details of how it is switched would help.
Max.