RNC OVER and OUT!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok the RNC is over and life is back to normal. Turned out the 50million we got for security was un-needed and we really only needed like 5 rent-a-cops. Protests were mostely peaceful till then end when protesters and police agreed to let the protesters within talking distance to the delegates leaving the convention. Lots of protesters yelling normal stuff. But a couple NY Delegates got into it with the protesters and had to be broken up by the coppers. The NY delegates were quoted yelling "We can buy out your azz!" . "We own you!" and laughing. The local businesses called it a complete failure, said it actually cost them about 60% of their income for the week. Hotels and hookers cleaned up. Total of 100+ Johns busted in stings over the past 5 days. The daily show was really funny bashing tampa and FL the whole time. Running joke down here is the conventions actually Jeb Bush 2016. But all in all we won't know how it affects the city in the future. We now have a sterling reputation for hosting Huge events with all our superbowls that went perfect, and other stuff. So may be we'll get an olympics or Superbowl again soon before all the new landscaping dies. As for the actual RNC I didn't watch any of it on TV so I can comment on the politics, just what the state of the city is like.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I will say it will be nice not to see any more machine guns and riot gear anymore. On the other hand they bought the entire police and sheriffs dept bike racks and Trex?(The expensive one) bikes. So I suspect I will be buying lots of bikes and bike racks that say Sheriffs Dept on them and reselling them on ebay. If I get a bunch I'll give anyone here dips on one at cost.