Ridiculous scam

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
In my opinion, there is not the chance of a feline inhabitant of the infernal regions that this gadget will do anything at all.

Except of course light up and give some shark the better part of $30 profit!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I agree there's no chance it actually works, I was just wondering if it did anything other than light up - if there was any claim at all, bogus or not. Technical curiosity, I guess.

I'm amazed that anyone has the nuts to attempt a fraud of this magnitude with such an unbelievable device.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Why don't we...
Well, one reason is there's no simple way to share the cost or benefits of doing that. Another reason is that, if the thing actually contains more than just an LED, it could be hard to prove it's not doing anything useful. Proving a negative can be next to impossible. I doubt anyone here wants to actually run mileage tests.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It works by making you think that a cop is on your tail with the gumball machines going, so you slow down and drive more carefully.

Other than that, you have to be wearing hip boots to go on that site.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Well, this goes the way of all ridiculous claims. Most new cars don't have cigarette lighter plugs, and it can hardly do the voltage stabilizer thing plugged into the aux. power outlet.

Wonder how it talks to the alternator/ECU?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I don't have a car and this place is too small for those kinda mileage.

If I were u I would definitely sue the buggers

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I could build one with what I can see from where I sit... but I wont... because it's worthless.

I might be installing a real cap in my car soon though if I get a Sub, just got my stereo installed :D
whoever owned this car before me effed up the electrical something fierce, took me 6 hours just to wire in the 4 speakers and 3 power lines :p
Probably been stolen, since the jacks to the radio/rear speakers/and the entire amp under the pasenger seat had been ripped out... had to pull out the multimeter, soldering iron, and the screwdriver for this one, no amount of schematics in the world would have been able to tell me which wire went where. :mad:
[/RANT]

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Its a capacitor from hot to ground, a resistor and an LED from what Im told.
Sad. I was hoping at least for some whacky inductor-resonator or something, or maybe a mysterious processor that doesn't actually do anything. But hey, why spend more on components than you need to.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I just loved the "blue light tells you it is working." In all probability this causes more fuel usage due to extra weight and power consumption. Also, the comment "saves me 3 to 4 miles per gallon." So the customer is obviously losing mpg, which is more expensive. :p

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
In my country we have laws that protect consumers from such nonsense. How is it in the U.S. Is it free enterprise for everyone that will sell something

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Federal Trade Commision (in theory) does protect consumers. I tried to get into their website to report this scam. I gave up, only the government could come up with something so obtuse.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The Federal Trade Commision (in theory) does protect consumers. I tried to get into their website to report this scam. I gave up, only the government could come up with something so obtuse.
I managed to make it through their labyrinth and file a complaint. Felt like tossing a pebble in the ocean, just less satisfying.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
anything that pulls power from a car will not save fuel. Even a blue led on it's own could add a few gallons of fuel to the cars consumption over the cars lifetime.