Ribbon cable for larger connector

Bofo

Joined Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

I would like to connect an STM32F4 board -- which has two 50-pin (2x25) connectors -- to another home-made board. I only need access to about 10-12 of those 100 pins. I'd like to use 2-3 small ribbon connectors to do the job, but all of the ribbon connectors that I am seeing online have ends that are too "thick". In other words, the ends of the connector will not fit in between the pins that I am using and the pins that I am not using. I'd rather not cut the unused pins on the STM, so I can use it for other projects as well.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to find a cable that will fit.

Thank you.

-Bob

Bofo

Joined Jul 17, 2012
Yes mcgyvr, 0.1 inch. I thought of that -- in fact the prototype uses a bunch of jumpers right now. I will probably do it if I can't find a better solution.

Thanks.

-Bob F.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
I keep a conservative :p number of ribbon cables, all sizes lengths and pin spacing........hawked out of anything that has them, mainly for the connectors - both genders --

I must admit harvesting them can sometimes be a chore, tho' it sounds like it might fit your bill.........

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
well which pins do you need.. Are they right next to each other so a ribbon cable will work? If not a discrete wiring solution is needed not ribbon.