RGB Mood light

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
what's the size .....and where are u now?
plus what is the transistor used ?

Send me the details.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh ..Gain..Shoooot ! only missed that. Thanks.

So..Gimme a component list, since you all changed the types, I need an update and recheck my stock.

tell me, am I to put the resistors in the LED arrays. I means the low value 0.25W ones are off the board ?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
No... Unless I made a mistake...:(

Check images in post #33.

Changed PADs on the sides back to through-hole. All LED resistors are on the right-hand side of the board.

Need to do an alignment on the R's, (so it looks neater), and move one R from under the uC closer to the NPN it's connected to.

I'm at work right now, and I will upload a part list, as soon as I get home.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Aaah ! thought so...

I might need the SMD R u guys changed and which I might not have right now.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
R!f@@ if you want higher Total Device Dissipation. You must change the package from sot-23. However a sot-23 and the TO-92 package do have about the same footprint size. But the TO-92 have a Total Device Dissipation around 500mW. Jens and I use the same component pusher. I did a search and came up with the MPSA 06G transistor. It has about the same price as the sot-23 variants that has been suggested. But it has quite low VCE(sat)=0.25 volt max at IC 100 ma, and also IC max=500 mA. The hFE factor should also be good enough figure 10 in the datasheet
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MPSA05-D.PDF

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Attached is what I have right now and will be using for this circuit.

I believe the transistor is over rated. but if the package won't change no need to change it, since max Ic will be 50mA.

Circuit will use 12V, 3 LED's in series per string.
Oh ****...Just remembered. I made a change in the original Meter at the last minute. U see there are 6 resistors. 2 per transistor.
You would think it would be for 2 strings and yes they are but not quite.

1 string has 3 LED's, and additional branch will power 1 LED, which means the R should increase.

I am calculating the needed resistor values. No worries on tht jens, cause the design and pads won't change, just the values of the resistance.

Attachments

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I believe the transistor is over rated. but if the package won't change no need to change it, since max Ic will be 50mA./QUOTE]
Then I suggest you go for the BC 817K-40 variant. As it has better hFE than the -25 variant. That makes it more versatile I guess

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Transistor changing is up to Jens, if he can get it, then I have no problem.

Ones Jens lists the parts, I can give this a go for etching.
But before that I like to see the file. Print it and see it close up u know.