rgb led strips controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samgoss1994

Joined Jun 6, 2014
Hi there, I'm new to this website and I am not a veterent in electronic but I plan on going study it at school. I have a project I really want to build in my car with 12 RGB led strips (4 under the car, 2 under the dash, one one the dash, the map light, 2 under the driver and passenger seat, the dome light and one on the back of the rear seats). My goal is to be able to control them individually using push buttons (say one 12 buttons to select each strips, 2 other to choose an effect for each; one button up and one down to navigate in the effects selection). Also I would like to have 3 potentiometer to dim the colors of the leds and using the 12 buttons to chose the strip I want to dim (when I would press a button, say the first one, and dim this strip, it would stay that color when I press another button/strip, to dim it, say the second led/button). I also want to be able to see the option selection on a LCD.

the options i want on my controller are

1) leds syncing to the bass and to the speakers sound (I have 2 12'' subs 1200 watt each with a 2400 watt 2 channel amplifier ( http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PLA2220/2-Channel-2400-Watt-Bridgeable-Mosfet-Amplifier ) and 4 speakers with a 4 channel amplifier
( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MYGjSAVclmA/p_113KAC8405/Kenwood-KAC-8405.html ) and i want all the inside front strips (both under the dash and the middle dash one) and the one on the back of the rear seats, the sync to the bass and the ones under the passenger and driver seats to sync to the speakers.
2) the RGB strips to make a color change fade
3) the strips to make a color change flash
4) the 4 leds under the car to make a ''kindda circular chasing effect'' arround the car
***note: the options 1, 2 and 3 must have a single potentiometer for the 3 options to control their speed.
5) no effect, just the leds turned on and be able to adjust each of them with the 3 first potentiometer.
--Also I want to know if I could use a Arduino Mega to to the full controller.

I do realise that this is A LOT asking… but I really want to build this project for my car… so if you guys could help me and tell me what I would need to get together and to do, would be so appreciate!

thank you all

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus

PS this is the SECOND thread with the same subject.
An other one will give you a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.