rfid reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwilko

Joined Jan 21, 2011
how do you make a rfid card reader but get the information to save to a usb flash drive, also if you could put what parts i will need and how they go together. and any other information please

Well that's where you need to start. AVR, PIC are both popular choices. Parallax makes an RFID reader that outputs data in serial format.
As for the USB stick you need a microcontroller that supports OTG USB (host)

Start by flashing an LED then serial communications, the USB host bit is much harder.

danwilko

Joined Jan 21, 2011
i need help, with a 13.56 MHZ rfid scanner with about 5-50ft of range must have own independant power source and usb or flash card storage for information. List of parts required would be great and how they go together

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
As already stated, this project is exceedingly far beyond the skills of a neophyte. First comes the crawling, then the walking, and then the running. If exceptionally astute,... maybe even flying!!:D

I'm not pointing a finger, or saying it actually IS, but if you're looking to do credit card chips wouldn't this be Illegal?

Not saying that's what you're doing, and I looked at the above webpage which was interesting... Just hoping you're not looking to do the Nasty on anyone!
;)

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
What do you want a long range RFID scanner for? Are you trying to locate and access RFID devices which do not belong to you, without their owner's knowledge or consent?

Hadn't thought of credit cards though. I've never used a contactless system myself, except cards for public transport.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It is illegal to read or test creditcards.
We do not want to cooperate in fraud.

Any new threads on the same subject will be closed too.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.