rf tranceiver 433Mhz

Bhagyashree5

Joined Sep 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

I wish to use a rf transceiver (433Mhz) module to turn ON/OFF lights, and i wish to do this using Atmega32 micro-controller. I am new to RF so I really need help. I am unable to figure out how to start with it.
Can anyone please guide me, please help me out friends, it would be a great help...

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
I bought some cheap transmitter/receiver modules off ebay for an Arduino based project recently and they were not very good, so I went with these:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/FM-Transmitter-receiver-modules-62075

There are a few things to note with these. Firstly they are a transmitter-receiver pair so only one way comms but I guess that is enough to turn lights on/off.

Secondly, when the transmitter stops transmitting the AGC on the receiver ramps up and it picks up a lot of noise so you need to have some sort of recognizable "protocol" so that the receiver can tell signal from noise. For a protocol I used a train of pulses at 5kHz that ended with two double-length pulses, which worked well enough.

Obviously transceivers are available but I have no experience...

Jibby

Joined Sep 12, 2013
Use encoder IC HT12E at the transmitter and HT12D at the receiver to interface the 433 MHz pair to the microcontroller.