RF converter(mixer), i learn here rf mixer, but this one is a little complicated help

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Your simulation missed out C23, 300pF between emitter and base.
The input coupling capacitor in the original is 5pF.
There should be no resistor across the tuned circuit.
Notice that it will take a while for the amplitude of oscillation to build up - 500us ish.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
In the #14 post those curves are for a notch filter.
Top curve is magnitude freq response, bottom
graph phase response.

Regards, Dana.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Goodmorning Albert, yes i see man, perfect, so this is the correct circuit right?, but one question the tank circuit must be resonance at 110.7mghz, of 10.7mghz
A circuit which works is the correct circuit.
A super-heterodyne radio receiver works by having a local oscillator some fixed frequency away from (above or below, doesn't matter which) the intended receive frequency. When this oscillator signal is mixed with the incoming signal it produces (among other things) a fixed frequency intermediate frequency (IF). For VHF FM reception this IF is commonly at 10.7MHz so this must be the difference between the oscillator frequency and the received RF frequency.
Note that the original circuit has a fixed tuned transformer in the collector of the transistor. This is tuned to the IF frequency and passes on signals at the IF while rejecting the other signals at the output of the mixer.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
A circuit which works is the correct circuit.
A super-heterodyne radio receiver works by having a local oscillator some fixed frequency away from (above or below, doesn't matter which) the intended receive frequency. When this oscillator signal is mixed with the incoming signal it produces (among other things) a fixed frequency intermediate frequency (IF). For VHF FM reception this IF is commonly at 10.7MHz so this must be the difference between the oscillator frequency and the received RF frequency.
Note that the original circuit has a fixed tuned transformer in the collector of the transistor. This is tuned to the IF frequency and passes on signals at the IF while rejecting the other signals at the output of the mixer.
So your circuits is working not mine:), i download your circuits
Thank you very much man...……..:);)

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Hello,

Look for "notch filter".
A notch filter can be a parallel resonance circuit in series with the signal path or a series resonance circuit accross the signal path.

Bertus
Goodmorning Bertus, i find notch filter so i design:), but For RF L2 and the combination C22 and C17A are making a parallel resonance circuit.
but i dont understand wich frequency so i can chose L2, of frequency from 88-108mghz? MIDDLE BAND 98MHZ

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Where did you get the schematic in the first place?
Is there no more information to find?
There are some values missing from the schematic.

Bertus

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Hello,

Where did you get the schematic in the first place?
Is there no more information to find?
There are some values missing from the schematic.

Bertus
Hi, Bertus
i get from here
n0gsg.com/ecfp/first-edition.htm
chapter 9 fm receiver.....
but there are not so much information
Goodnight...

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
He got it here: http://n0gsg.com/ecfp/ch9_sample.pdf , last couple of pages. But it's only a preview and stops in the middle of the description of the receiver.
Yes i know, what do you think, they explain if i buy the book all in details,...…...i dont know to buy of not, they explain everythink of not,
i realy dont know, if they explain i gonna order it tomorow…..
OOOwwwww i thought is complete chapter:oops:
Goodnight….

Last edited: