RF communication interference

SKChakra

Joined Oct 21, 2012
Hello guys!...There was one clarification that I needed...Here goes...Does an RF 433MHz Transmitter-Receiver pair interfere with an 315MHz RF transmitter receiver pair?...If so, how do I isolate signals (Imagine that I am doing a project where I need two way RF communication but at different frequencies for forward and backward routes,i.e., parallel communication)...If not, as suggested above, can I use them for two-way parallel communication or do u guys have any better idea?...(Other than ZigBee/XBee, etc)

Thanks in advance, help is much appreciated!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is one caveat. A receiver antenna in proximity to a "strong enough" signal on a different frequency may pick up enough energy to overload the front end of a receiver and render it deaf. This phenomena is knows as "desensing the receiver".

analogdesign

Joined Aug 29, 2013
There is one caveat. A receiver antenna in proximity to a "strong enough" signal on a different frequency may pick up enough energy to overload the front end of a receiver and render it deaf. This phenomena is knows as "desensing the receiver".
Quite true, but the difference in frequencies is enough the OP should be able to get or design a passive preselector that will knock those blockers down enough to avoid desensing the receiver.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Quite true, but the difference in frequencies is enough the OP should be able to get or design a passive preselector that will knock those blockers down enough to avoid desensing the receiver.
Separating the antennas, using directional antennas, and watching the power levels will also help.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Good for what? It seems you already don't have a problem with the radios interfering with each other.