Reversing motor circuit with time on delay

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Completely different than what I understood.

I pictured moving the target 50' from down range.

If you are just flipping a target 90 degrees, use a bell crank or a gearmotor direct to pivot axle.

The bell crank could be uni-directional with cam limits. Very forgiving stops as "driving crank" goes over center.
Picture windshield wiper drive.

Gear motor is simpler design mechanically. Just use the extended output shaft as the pivot.

I still may not have a good idea of the scale. The GD may be best for power and speed.

Last edited:

DougM71

Joined Jul 20, 2015
Prelim values for pricing...............................
Inwo,

I have the same basic functional need as this gent in broken Arrow, on a project I'm building. I've surfed the web and come up with several options.
I like yours because I have all the goodies required and the cost is nil.
I have actually bread boarded your design and am having a few issues. I'm new to AAC... Do we take up this conversation in a new thread or continue here? I would appreciate some dialogue with you and some help.
I'm a mechanical engineer and love to tinker with IC's especially the 555 so I know the basics.

Thx,

DougM71

Joined Jul 20, 2015
I believe Inwo has left the building, he has not been around for some months.
Max.
Noted max. Interested in helping me? I've built the circuit, tested it, did a few tweaks of some issues I discovered, and I believe I have concluded that the circuit design is darn close but not functionally correct. I know the specific areas of the problems so I'm not just asking for someone to just tell me how to do this. Pic of my breadboard setup is attached just for ref. I don't expect anyone to troubleshoot my board but just showing you I'm far down the road and fully invested.

Attachments

DougM71

Joined Jul 20, 2015
What is happening and show where the AC is fed from/to.
Max.
Ok thanks. I will. Dinner is ready but I should have something posted in an hour. I believe the root is at the forward limit switch in his diagram. If you are bored while waiting go look there. Start button is pushed, relay coil energized as it should be, waiting for forward limit to be tripped. When forward limit is tripped, what is actually happening is that it deenergizes the relay coil and starts the timer. The problem is that the timer is timing nothing... No action.

I haven't tested it with my motor (I'm going to do DC), but also when forward limit is tripped and relay coil is deenergized, the relay contact immediately moves back to its normally closed position, IMMEDIATELY reversing the motor instead of waiting on the timer. I think we may need a few. Ore components to pull off this circuit correctly. Will be back soon.

DougM71

Joined Jul 20, 2015
Max: I think I've got things worked out. Redesigned for use with DC motor. Same timer circuit. Same limit switches. Just had to change the relay to DPDT.

Here's what I've got sketched up. The forward limit switch still starts the timer as he intended.

motor.jpg

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The file you upload is too big, I was resized to the normal size, it was from 1MB to 45KB, please compress the file to the properly size as 800x600 before you upload, thank you.

DougM71

Joined Jul 20, 2015
The file you upload is too big, I was resized to the normal size, it was from 1MB to 45KB, please compress the file to the properly size as 800x600 before you upload, thank you.
Sorry Scott. Will do in the future. I assumed the site compressed uploaded material before posting. Thanks for resizing for me this time.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Sorry Scott. Will do in the future. I assumed the site compressed uploaded material before posting. Thanks for resizing for me this time.
It's ok, just remember that compress to a properly size, it depends on how large the circuit, maybe 800x600 or 1024x768, sometimes maybe smaller, if the file is a photo then using *.jpg, if the file is a drawn circuit by computer then using *.gif, thank you for your cooperation.