reverse polarity circuit

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
yes this helps alot i am sorry for not understanding but if there is any way youcould scetch me out a drawing i could study it and try it on my unit or did you say this circuit would not work i know it would not because of heat an miosture but other than that

thanks

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
ok then i have already the nc and no switches on my unit the nc switch is at the home or closest to the motor the no is at the far end or furtherst from the motor so you are saying that i need this relay added so that i can change polarity automatically when the wall timer kicks of and again when the timer kicks on does the relay have to have power all the time?

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
ken can you send me a drawing of your circuit that you have created here for the oven we have been discussing the last one with the 2 limit switches which i already have on there and the relay to change polarity please let me know if i am following you right

i am coming out of the wall timer into the walwart out of walwart into home limit switch which happens to be n\c then goes down to the far switch lets call it the (b) switch an the home one (a) switch ok so i come out of b switch going into the relay which is dpdt 12v out of relay then onto the 12v gear motor please let me know if this is correct please answere asap so that i can start on it.
note: all of the work to be done without heat or miosture

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
This is the physical wiring for my circuit. The wires to the motor depend on which polarity drives the tables up and down. If the motor is moving down and manually pushing the down limit-switch doesn't stop the motor, reverse the wires from the relay to the motor.

Ken

Attachments

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
thank you very much
one question the common comming out of walwart does it go to both n\c and n\o or does it just go to n\o thanks

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
hi ken this is sam again i wired the circuit as you explained and the motor kicked on when the timer kicked on then when tray went to the limit and hit switch motor stoped and would not kick back on so i started to trouble shoot the problem i found that the 1.5 amp was blowen in my walwart i changed out walwart and again the motor ran until it hit the limit switch and again stoped an when the timer kicked back on the motor did not come on so i figured it blew the fuse again any suggestions.
thank you samuel