resistr app - A beautiful, easy to use, resistor color code calculator

resistr

Joined Jul 12, 2014
Hi There!

As an avid maker and EE student, I often find myself trying to decipher some color code on some obscure resistor or maybe needing to know the colors of a certain resistor value.

Trying to use those resistor tables or awful online calculators just isn't fun or efficient. Also, as a person that admire product and graphic design, I was often thinking that there must be another way - not the 'engineering' way, of laying out ALL the information for you to take, but a more subtle approach that would help beginners and won't overwhelm them unlike other apps on the market.

Thats why i've came up with the idea of 'resistr'. It took me almost two months (and all of my free time) to design, build and test the app - trying to keep it simple but not underpowered.

The result is a gorgeous app with a simple and fun user interface, that hopefully every EE student or amateur will be hooked instantly.

I'm currently in the final stages of testing the app and uploading to the iPhone AppStore. I've began developing the Android version as well, which I hope will be available in the next couple of months.

So, stay tuned and in the meantime please visit my website at http://resistr.co. Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll let you know as soon as the app is out there!

Love to here comments or requests from you guys,
Thanks,
Nadav.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Once you get it up and working, you may want to expand it to identify inductors as well, since it can sometimes hard to tell them apart.