Reputation Points

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
Are you gonna enable the Reputation system ?

I am also a member of http://www.vbforums.com , where we use the reputation system, but I never get to give reputation there because I never ask questions, I am one of the many answering to questions :)

Latelly I asked quite a few questions here, and I felt the need to show my appreciation to the people who helped me, a simple "Thank You" does not seem enough, if I could give reputation to the people who helped me, it whould be nice...

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I would vote no to that idea. It is like the karma feature on SMF. Its only purpose is to rate some members, or derate some others, based on subjective reasons (I like, I don't like).

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You hang around, and you tend to learn who knows what their talking about. The core of dedicated helpers isn't that big, but being open there is always room for more to jump in and help.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
We have never enabled the the reputation feature as we believe that if you appreciate someones help, that you should contact them directly (either in the active thread, or via PM or e-mail) to say your thanks - we acknowledge this point in the guides to posting we have stuck to he top of most forums. Given that many people on here barely know how many of the core forum features work, keeping tabs on reputation points and who has thanked you for your effort is probably beyond the capabilities of many.

Personally, the personal touch of a thank you via any of the above methods is preferential. There is also the negative aspects of the reputation system which I don't believe is constructive.

Dave

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
Thanks for your replies,

Well, on vbforums.com everyone is treated the same regardless of their reputation points, it certainly does not derate people... (at least not to my knowledge)

Anyways... it was just a thought

PS.
Change of subject :D

What about a [Resolved], or "Problem solved" button, that will change the thread title to "[Resolved] - your thread title" ?

Or can I change my thread's title to [Resolved] myself ?

Just to show other people that I solved my problem, so they don't have to spend time replaying/still trying to help me.

Not that it happend, just want to prevent it...

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for your replies,

Well, on vbforums.com everyone is treated the same regardless of their reputation points, it certainly does not derate people... (at least not to my knowledge)

Anyways... it was just a thought
Thanks for the suggestion. The feature is always available in case we feel the need to look at implementing it.

PS.
Change of subject :D

What about a [Resolved], or "Problem solved" button, that will change the thread title to "[Resolved] - your thread title" ?

Or can I change my thread's title to [Resolved] myself ?

Just to show other people that I solved my problem, so they don't have to spend time replaying/still trying to help me.

Not that it happend, just want to prevent it...
Thanks for the suggestion, its a good idea. I know there are some options in vB that support such an feature. I would rather have it so that it doesn't change the whole title to ensure that it shows up on forum search results so that if someone else is searching for help they can find it through either forum search or searches from the main AAC page - something that appends the title with the tag [Resolved] would be preferred.

Let me have a look at it. Thanks.

Dave