Replace Reed switch with Trigger coil.

Zamboni

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Please forgive me for not being more clear in my previous post.

I understand that Over unity is nonsense. I understand and agree that it and Perpetual Motion are impossible.

That having been said. I want to use this circuit to power a toy, NOT to generate power.

I have enclosed a circuit design for a very nice speed regulator. It uses a reed switch. I wanted to use a trigger coil instead of the reed switch.

Unlike the brilliant designer of the circuit, I know little about electronic design.

Can anybody help me with the correct placement of the wires for the trigger coil to replace the reed switch?

I hope that it is a simple substitution, but I don't know enough to understand what to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Zamboni, in order to power a toy, you need to generate power. This is still a "free energy" device, and hence is against the TOS. In the future, if a moderator closes your thread, do not bring it up in another. You will only make it worse for yourself.

Regards

Zamboni

Joined Feb 7, 2012
This device is powered by two 1.5 volt batteries. There is no free energy anywhere in this. The circuit indicates that it is battery powered.
I guess I did not realize that there is as much misunderstanding with "free energy" type circuits. Again, this is just a simple replacement of a reed switch with a trigger coil. It will still need to be powered by batteries.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Please forgive me for not being more clear in my previous post.

I understand that Over unity is nonsense. I understand and agree that it and Perpetual Motion are impossible.

That having been said. I want to use this circuit to power a toy, NOT to generate power.

I have enclosed a circuit design for a very nice speed regulator. It uses a reed switch. I wanted to use a trigger coil instead of the reed switch.

Unlike the brilliant designer of the circuit, I know little about electronic design.

Can anybody help me with the correct placement of the wires for the trigger coil to replace the reed switch?

I hope that it is a simple substitution, but I don't know enough to understand what to change.

Any help would be appreciated.
Your schematic is too tiny to read.
What is a trigger coil?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Where are the batteries? I would suggest a different name for this device, since the Bedini motor is an overunity project. Those are not welcome here, even in jest.

Zamboni

Joined Feb 7, 2012
The voltage is connected to the vdd inputs. I should have explained the circuit more fully. The power goes to all the Vdd inputs.

My limited understanding is that "Vdd" (it is actually subscript DD) was the older designation for positive, and that Vss was for negative. It is a Europeon circuit and that may explain some of the confusion.
The power that is provided by the 2-AA batteries (3v) is the minimum that the 4538 requires to function. It is input into pins 12, 14, and 16.

My hope was that someone with a deeper understanding that I have, would guide me in replacing the reed switch with a trigger coil. Perhaps saying something like " That is simple, just remove the reed switch and connect the trigger coil to pins XX."

Any help will be much appreciated.

There are several different methods of powering the many designs of levitating pulse motors. I was hoping to use this nice speed control circuit to power the motor.

The current circuit uses a reed switch. The problem is that reed switches wear out rather quickly and I was hoping that I could add a trigger coil and perhaps a transistor to provide the proper logic level (high) to pin 5.

I should have explained that the picture is a circuit from a site dedicated to EXPOSING the fraud that is "overUnity". It was made to provide a "real" method of powering a pulse motor, rather than the nonsense that people have been hoodwinked into believing will work.

This particular circuit is designed to run a small pulse motor. The batteries should last about a month. The IC is a cd4538.

Please forgive the following emotional rant:

I had no idea how sensitive the subject was. The reaction from this board has been quite harse and I was totally taken aback. I was lumped in with people who believe that the Earth is flat. That was an unpleasent and completely undeserved feeling. There was no allowance for the newness of my membership. There was no asking me what the circuit did. Nobody asked "Is this some sort of overunity device?". Instead, incorrect conclusions, based in false assumptions were made. One senior member refused to believe me even after I explained that this was not any kind of "over Unity" device. Perhaps in the future, questions, rather than harse declarations will be the order of the day. Just a thought.:)
End of rant, back to sanity.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The problem lies with your presentation. Entitling your circuit after a known "free energy" contraption doesn't encourage people to delve further into the matter.
It's like trying to enter a bank with a balaclava and a burlap sack. No matter what your intentions are, you will be treated as a potential thief.

This forum has long suffered from pointless discussions with supporters of overunity and does no longer host this kind of talk.

It's a matter of presentation, which is very important.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
How in the heck can you guys comment on this? I can't read that tiny schematic, and I don't know what a "trigger coil" is.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
OK, we finally got that cleared up.
Zamboni, what trigger coil do you propose to use? Or are you wanting us to tell you?

Zamboni

Joined Feb 7, 2012
For the coil, I was going to use 400 turns of #42 wire on a small sewing machine bobbin. If you don't think that is a good idea, I am open to any suggestions you may have

Paul

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
42 is too small in my opinion.

36 or 38 is the smallest you would need. I would also suggest you ditch the bobbin and substitute something made of low carbon steel(very soft and malleable). A perfect choice would be a large roofing/framing nail. The big box stores carry a large assortment of sizes. The larger the core(to a point) the better the coil output.

The number of 'turns' you need may be much lower than 400. It will depend on placement(air gap) and the strength of the magnet, and the velocity as well.

This just means there can be no accurate calculation of the output of the coil - until it is made and measured. There are to many unknowns.

Zamboni

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it out.

I consider the matter resolved.

Thank you all so much for your assistance.