Replace LED's in Wii Faceplate

Bippo

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Hi guys,

I am wanting to replace the Blue LED's that are in the front of my Wii with some RGB leds.

The issue that i have is that i am having trouble finding RGB's that are small enough.

A good website where small RGB's can be bought would be great. I dont need to use the existing board as there is enough room to mount them if they are small enough. 5mm is a bit too big currently.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
In addition to the gargantuan amount of distributors, you can also look on any of the original manufacture's website. Some popular LED manufacture's may include SunLED, Kingbright, and Vishay.

Austin

Bippo

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I want the RGB that can switch between colours to, well, just to look cool. I have found the 0603 LED's but not in rgb.

Bippo

Joined Sep 7, 2009
On the wii circuit board are some test points which provide power directly for the entire time the wii is being utilised. By connecting to these, a self changing rgb LED will illuminate and change for the duration of the use.

I need something on it, since i use a hard drive to play my games from, the disc light doesnt light up at all.

Bippo

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Using a homebrew program so i can back up my wii games and play them from an ISO image off a formatted HD. Saves me having to get up off the couch and change discs.
My faceplate doesnt light up when you do that, i want it to, its that simple.