Repairing OS-310m Scope.

stts

Joined Oct 10, 2013
My scope died. Super bummer. And its not a fuse, or capacitor or shorted regulator. Its much worse than that. The Atmel ATF1508AS programed PLD chip has developed an internal short. I can get, and even solder a new chip. But the fuse program inside the chip that makes this an O-scope is not available anywhere. My only hope is somebody else with a scope like this. There is a JTAG port on the inside used to program that chip. I ordered a Byteblaster cable from Ebay for $10 and downloaded the free Atmel programming software. If somebody else was able to read the program from their JTAG port and post it on the internet, I could replace the chip and reload the fuse pattern. Otherwise, there is little hope of repairing my scope. Theres a unit like this now on Ebay, but they want $1200 for it. It is certainly not worth that. New ones these days are way cheaper with better features. But its worth fixing for $20 if I had the program code. What an utter bad luck thing to go bad. My EZ Digital OS-310M was a great scope till it died.

stts

Joined Oct 10, 2013
The company is in Korea. I sent them an email, but all they said was product was discontinued and theres no support for it. So Im on my own.

esgrimae

Joined Jan 3, 2014
I just buy 3 useded os 310m scope that are working if you give me the instruccions, software link, and cable jtag pinout if is posible some picture jtag conector i send to you the original code

KOTOR

Joined Feb 13, 2015
I know this is an older post, but I have a good working OS-310m and need the software to link it to a PC, anyone have it plz? It is abandonware, the company that bought LG Precision instruments went bankrupt in about 2001.

denishark

Joined Aug 23, 2010
Hi JUNIOR700...

I'm in Brazil also, I have this scope and I'm needing of electrical schematic of this equipment, do you have this ? I sent a email to Minipa with this request, but not answered me yet.

I think that my scope have a problem in your internal power supplies, because when I power on, I get several errors in calibration and for 2..3 hours I read a big noise in all inputs. But when equipment is "hot" (after 2..3 hours powered), the noise are reduced.

I like of this scope and I want to try repair it.

Thanks

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi JUNIOR700...

I'm in Brazil also, I have this scope and I'm needing of electrical schematic of this equipment, do you have this ? I sent a email to Minipa with this request, but not answered me yet.

I think that my scope have a problem in your internal power supplies, because when I power on, I get several errors in calibration and for 2..3 hours I read a big noise in all inputs. But when equipment is "hot" (after 2..3 hours powered), the noise are reduced.

I like of this scope and I want to try repair it.

Thanks

Thread is 5 years old and the TS has only%4 responses in all that time. A response is VERY unlikely.