Repairing CD's

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is (was?) a British show called Brainiac. They showed a CD in microwave. Not good for the microwave, but very cool to watch, especially in the dark.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
And he ate the sliced gherkin!!!

In this country, we sometimes eat foods that people from other places find disgusting: liver, kidneys, tripe, black (=blood!) pudding... none of which bother me at all. They may be full of all kinds of horrible pathogens, but my health is not too good anyway, so I don't worry so much about that. Somehow though, seeing that bit of pickle in its ice cream, choccy sauce, raw egg and dodgy CD marinade suddenly made me very aware of my stomach.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I microwaved a CD once, it was pretty. Obviously I can't recommend it, it's probably dangerous and not much good for the microwave.

Maybe when they switched the CD, they also switched the raw egg/chocolate sauce mixture for something tastier.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Yup.

And in Scotland they eat deep fried Pizza.

Mmmmm...:p
I've done that, delicious :D

FWIW, our fairs and such usually have deep fried candy bars(snickers & milky ways usually), twinkies, dough, oreos, and butter (yes, a stick of butter deep fried on a stick)

'MERICA!

;)

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I forgot about haggis. The recipe might not sound too enticing, but I rather like it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

At least it has some history behind it, unlike the revolting deep fried Mars bar.

Edit: But some people just can't resist deep-frying everything in sight - extract from the link above:-
Haggis can be served in Scottish fast-food establishments deep fried in batter. Together with chips, this comprises a "haggis supper". A "haggis burger" is a patty of fried haggis served on a bun, and a "haggis pakora" is another deep fried variant, available in some Indian restaurants in Scotland.
Haggis pakora! Is nothing sacred?

Last edited: