Repairing a multi-effects guitar petal

2lss

Joined Jun 1, 2013
I own a mid 90's Digitech RP20 that I have had for a while but unfortunately is inoperable due to damaged input and output level potentiometers. A few years back I emailed Digitech and they were nice enough to send me the schematics and BOM's for this particular unit. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate these two pots since they are very specialized. I'm hoping that someone here who is more knowledgeable in this area could help me out. :D

The two pots are described in the BOM as:
P1: Input
Part No: 100K402030
SYMAN: 40-2030
Description: 100K "W" 12mm, Rot Pot, 25mm D shaft Horiz

P2: Output
Part No: 100K402113
SYMAN: 40-2113
Description: 100K "D" 14mm, Rot Pot X2, 25mm D shaft horiz mt.

Some pictures

The biggest confusion for me is the "W" and "D" designation as I've only ever heard of A and B types before. From what I could find via google, they are basically audio taper pots, but have a slightly modified resistance curve to make adjustments easier.

I did a LOT of searching to try and find suitable replacements, with not much success. P1 is not much of an issue since its a single wiper but P2 is a little more difficult since its a double wiper. The closest I could find is from Alpha Taiwan, however I can't find a supplier who carries it. The part numbers that I came up with are:

P1 - Rv012AF-20-25A-100k http://www.taiwanalpha.com.tw/english/p_e_36.htm
P2 - RV142F-20-25A-100K http://www.taiwanalpha.com.tw/english/p_e_38.htm

So does anyone have any idea as to where I could get these pots from or know of something else that could work? Any advise is appreciated :)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Some careful microsurgery might fix those parts. Bent metal can be straightened, broken pins can be resoldered.

2lss

Joined Jun 1, 2013
StayatHomeElectronics: I checked out All Electronics and unfortunately they do not carry the pots I need. I may keep them in mind for future projects though so thanks for the recommendation.

THE_RB: I'm not an expert on repairing pots but I think these are pretty much destroyed. They are located on the back of the unit and have got kicked and banged around to the point cracking apart. I am wondering if I could some find some similar 100k audio pots and attach the longer knobs from the old ones.

2lss

Joined Jun 1, 2013
Thanks Tubeguy, its not exact but it may get the job done. The pots I need are horizontal where as that one is vertical, but I'm sure I could bend the pins 90 degrees and get the same effect. The only downside is that it can't be anchored to the circuit board with the little metal prongs on the side.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Thanks Tubeguy, its not exact but it may get the job done. The pots I need are horizontal where as that one is vertical, but I'm sure I could bend the pins 90 degrees and get the same effect. The only downside is that it can't be anchored to the circuit board with the little metal prongs on the side.
Hot glue makes a good anchor. Mouser also has pots similar to the single pot.