Renovate a logic system...

andrewking

Joined May 12, 2007
Hi,
I want to renovate a logic system into a micro based board. I would like to use c and write some code on Xcode(OS X). I am looking to find a simple chip to start on may be 12-18 inputs, 10 outs or so. I have someone to help me get going with the language to get my feet wet, but will likely do some consulting to speed up the curve. If you've used a specific chip and have a part number you like that would be great
Thanks

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you provide more detail into the function performed by the old logic system? A schematic would be very helpful.

There are several microcontrollers that could be used but it would be premature to recommend anything specific without more information.

hgmjr

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xcode only produces OSX binaries? You'd need development tools specific to the microcontroller that you'd choose, which you should do first.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xcode only produces OSX binaries? You'd need development tools specific to the microcontroller that you'd choose, which you should do first.
Thats how I understand it.

The OP needs to select a suitable microcontroller for their application.

Dave