Renewable Energy

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It's still only a very small fraction of total energy production, but it is growing and will probably continue to grow with ebbs and flows driven mostly by government policy and to a lesser degree true advances in technical and economic viability.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Fact is, it is all economics. If cow farts became economical to harvest you can be it would be done. I keep hoping for cheaper photovoltaics myself.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Fact is, it is all economics. If cow farts became economical to harvest you can be it would be done. I keep hoping for cheaper photovoltaics myself.
While I agree that if cow farts became economical to harvest, it would be done, it is also that case that, regardless of whether it is economical or not, it would also be done if the government mandates it.

PaulL

Joined Aug 13, 2013
We stopped using renewable energy a century ago when we stopped burning wood to heat our houses and burning cottonseed oil to light our lamps.

Trees and cotton plants are very good solar collectors!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Is it tht time of the year again ?
Yep. I am predicting a massive global warming trend to affect the northern hemisphere any month now that could very well push average temps up well over 80 - 100 F over present average temps in many populated areas before it levels off. :rolleyes:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yep. I am predicting a massive global warming trend to affect the northern hemisphere any month now that could very well push average temps up well over 80 - 100 F over present average temps in many populated areas before it levels off. :rolleyes:
Thus proving global warming beyond any question of a doubt!

Would that, by any chance, be accompanied by a corresponding global cooling trend occurring in the southern hemisphere?
Yes, but that's just anecdotal and proves nothing.

:rolleyes:

PaulL

Joined Aug 13, 2013
I wish the global warming would get here quicker if it's really coming. I've got two feet of ice on my roof. And the cow farts from the dairy barn a half mile down the road aren't enough to melt it.