Renewable Energy Sources

adrianne

Joined Oct 12, 2010
Hi friends,
I am preparing a presentation on various types of renewable energy resources. The content available on internet is all hocus pocus and I am quite unable to find detailed and systematic information. Some sites that I found helpful <snip>. Please help me in completing my presentation by suggesting where can I find more information?

Last edited by a moderator:

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Hi friends,
The content available on internet is all hocus pocus and I am quite unable to find detailed and systematic information.
I'm not sure why people think the internet is the best or only source of information. In the old days, we used the libraries and they worked very well. They still are the most reliable source of free information. Wikipedia is a great starting tool to get a feel for a new area, but you can't rely on the information there.

The internet can help you identify what books are available (amazon.com) and you can search university libraries right online now. Just go to your university web site and they will have a link to an on-line catalog. You can also do a literature search on GoogleScholar. Often research papers can be found in pdf form on line, if you get lucky. If not, the library will have them, or can get them for you.

Of course, you can always buy books and research papers directly. This will save time, but gets very expensive. I don't recommend this, but this is done in industry because time is money, in that environment.