Remote firework launcher

eXodus31337

Joined Feb 18, 2012
I want to create a remote firework launcher. I'm placing electric matches on the fireworks's fuses. Then I would like to be able to launch all these fireworks sequentially, at the press of one button. One press, one bottle rocket gone, one press, next one is gone, etc.

Now, I'm not an electronic guy as much as a programmer. I came up with a schematics, but it's not complete. Could you help me with your expertise?

Here's the plan:

Pods.png

1, An easy one for non-beginners would be to connect the LED showing if the circuit is live or not.

2, My main concern though, is the "automatic switch" in the middle. Does such a device exist that would automatically switch its output destination? Before or after electrical input, it doesn't matter as long as the next output is at a different destination.

Thanks

PS: I saw another post similar to this where you guys had safety concerns. Know that I plan to use an advanced 2.4ghz Rx/Tx designed to avoid interference and will shoot bottle rockets with it. I'm not launching missiles with a garage remote :)

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
To get the LED to light when the circuit is 'live', simply put in series with the switch, with a resistor.

To get the switching effect, try using a microcontroller. There are some fairly basic languages out there and a few boards which are almost plug and play.

Perhaps Arduino.

You set it up so that on the first input signal, it turns on output X, then on the second input signal it turns on output Y, and so on...

eXodus31337

Joined Feb 18, 2012
Perhaps Arduino.

You set it up so that on the first input signal, it turns on output X, then on the second input signal it turns on output Y, and so on...
I'm looking at tutorials right now, they seem pretty easy to use. I'll move the safety switch to include the board too. That'll save power.

Thanks for the tip!

Pencil

Joined Dec 8, 2009
For a non-microcontroller solution look into
a 4017 decade counter. It should do what
you want (with associated circuitry of course).

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
To fill in asociated circuitry, need to know elec match firing requirements, two of three, current voltage or resistance? Is the receiver rated for surface use? Output most likley pulsed DC, which can be integrated to give a single pos pulse to step sequencer. Do you have an O-scope?

Last edited:

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011