Relay system

raj varshney

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Hi.... I want to make project in which i have put a circuit through which i can change the power source from one to another without switching off the circuit or it should remain on while changing the power source.... :confused:
Thanx for the help. :)

I have given this thought a few times myself, but haven't taken the time to do any research on it. My thoughts have been to use properly sized capacitor(s) to keep the current flowing while the relay switches (as my case would be). I'm thinking with the properly sized caps it should work... but have no practical experience doing so and will be watching for others ideas. Are you planning on using a relay or how exactly are you planning on changing power supplies... like from battery power to a power supply or as in moving from room to room?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
What are the two power sources come from?
If the two power sources are DC then how about the V,I?
How is the V,I of the circuit?
If the whole units are dc, then it could be done for this are using relay, bjt, mosfet, do you only want to do with relay?
Do you have any ideas how to complete your project?

raj varshney

Joined Apr 27, 2013
@scott My both power sources are DC with equivalently V & I and V= 6v, I= 0.9 amp
I wanted it to be cheap so what should i take ? my ideas were to put upon capacitors with two manual switch and a diode .........
Thanks a millions for all those who helped.. :)

raj varshney

Joined Apr 27, 2013
@ scott i wanna ask that the "circuit" label in circuit u provide is my output right? or.......
Do i need any capacitor or resistors.....

Thanks a billion :) :D

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
@ scott i wanna ask that the "circuit" label in circuit u provide is my output right? or.......
Do i need any capacitor or resistors.....

Thanks a billion :) :D
The circuit label shown that it is your circuit, and the two power sources will be output the current through the +V to your circuit.

You can adding a 220uf/25V capacitor in parallel with the +V of your circuit.

raj varshney

Joined Apr 27, 2013
The circuit label shown that it is your circuit, and the two power sources will be output the current through the +V to your circuit.You can adding a 220uf/25V capacitor in parallel with the +V of your circuit.
hello again, which is the +V in my circuit..... also,
hey can do something as do have 1000uf/16V capacitor *5. can i do something.........

Thanks a trillion...... :) :D

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
hello again, which is the +V in my circuit..... also,
hey can do something as do have 1000uf/16V capacitor *5. can i do something.........

Thanks a trillion...... :) :D
The +V is that where is the power input of your circuit.
If you want to using 1000uf/16V *5 to replace 220uf/25V, normally is ok for that, but because I didn't know anything about your circuit, so it maybe something that I don't know and it could be happended.

Why you want to using the capacitor so large(1000uf/16V *5)?