relay assembly for dewalt radial arm saw model 1400, part no.500131

jackfarmer

Joined Aug 25, 2021
I looking for a relay part for Dewalt RAS, according to the manual the part no. 500131 is no longer available, relay are made different now...I know there is a replacement but how do you buy the part? by VAC, amps, or watts???according to the wiring diagram that (LAOADAM) showed in a previous note ( edited Sept 2019), he was talking about a RAS model R1450 which basically similar to my model (Dewalt model 1400, 1964 vintage) He found on micro phish drawings, I assume because he label it "frame 245, 120 volt, model 1030", What is the criteria???

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do you have any link to the previous post?
Go by the motor current info an purchase a relay with suitable coil voltage, and contact current rating. sounds like it would be all 120v.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The only thing I can think of that sets it apart is the fact it may be used as a current operated start relay to switch the start winding out after start.
These are normally available, albeit, physically different

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So it does appear to be a current relay.
Might be neccesary to take some current reading of a simulated start, i.e. power up, close/open the start winding manually and take an initial current reading.

jackfarmer

Joined Aug 25, 2021
The only thing I can think of that sets it apart is the fact it may be used as a current operated start relay to switch the start winding out after start.
These are normally available, albeit, physically different
You are right, the relays I found on-line do not specify VAC...still looking...thanks.