Regarding Adhesive For Bonding

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Dear All,

I want a adhesive for bonding.
My application is to seal the cables, ICs, FPC connector, ON/OFF switch etc.
it can be used in all components of PCB.

Right Now I am using Fevibond and equivalent or hot melt glue.
fevibond can damage static device in PCB like ICs.

So could anybody recommend me exact solutions for this.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There are silicone rubber adhesives that are safe with electronics. They typically cure after exposure to moisture in the atmosphere. There are also 2-part adhesive rubber formulations used for potting.

My first stop is usually McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com) just to get an idea of what's available. Then I hit Google.

John

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Thank you all.
I do not want potting material .
I have been using solution dobefil 60 and hardner for potting purpose.

I want for glueing purposes.
I tried several local brand like fevibond, anabond 20. They all fails.

That's I asked in forum...!!!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
There are silicone rubber adhesives that are safe with electronics. They typically cure after exposure to moisture in the atmosphere. There are also 2-part adhesive rubber formulations used for potting.

My first stop is usually McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com) just to get an idea of what's available. Then I hit Google.

John
Silicone RTV adhesive/sealant from the DIY store releases corrosive acetic acid as it cures.

You can buy non acetic RTV for electronics work - one manufacturer I know of is Dow Corning.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hence I specified silicone rubber safe for electronics. Thank you for underlining that comment.

Also, Henkel (aka LocTite), which used to be based quite close to where I lived in Cleveland, offers a myriad of adhesive and sealants. You see its stuff holding SMD's during soldering operations and affixing wires.

If the TS can give via examples what he needs, we can give narrowed suggestions. The fact that he has used hot melt, made me think that the electronic safe silicones might work.

John